Sunday, January 6, 2008

Top 10 Strangest Natural disasters- have you heard of these?

Amy
Thanks very much for sending me the information so that I could view Top 10 strangest natural disasters in human history.
I thought I would share it with others on this blog
http://www.hurricaneinsurance.com/blog/2008/top-10-strangest-natural-disasters-in-human-history/

I remember the incident with #1 in the newspaper.

I have known about the #2 Tunguska for years.
It seems that most likely yes a low density asteroid or comet. An artist drew what he thought happened via the accounts.
Find it at
http://www.psi.edu/projects/siberia/siberia.html

I had heard about #3. The Volcano has much press and there were even nice shows about what they think happened (History channel?). Did not hear about #5 but know about #6.
About #7 I have heard about the eruption in 1902 and was there in 1998 before we saw the total eclipse in that Caribbean that year.
The volcano was omnipresent up from the bay and we could go through some of the ruins still near the harbor.

As a stormchaser, I have known about that great Tri-state tornado. Never heard of #9 but I think I had heard about #10.
thanks Happy new Year to all!!
***
Hi Eric,

We just posted an article "
Top 10 Strangest Natural Disasters in Human History " ( http://www.hurricaneinsurance.com/blog/2008/top-10-strangest-natural-disasters-in-human-history/). I thought I'd bring it to your attention just in case you think your readers would find it interesting.

Either way, thanks for your time! Happy New Year!


Amy S Quin

No comments: